PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulties?

5Reasons
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
reminding you that I am everywhere. I found his friggin signs OFFENSIVE. Who the f*** cares what Cory says??? I mean,there are a dozen ways to make the same statement without the paternalistic saying "Cory Booker says." He could have said, "Cory Booker supports" or just put up the Kerry/Edwards signs and says, "this message was sponsored by Cory Booker."

BUT NO-Booker used yet another opportunity to remind Newarkers why we don't like him and may NEVER completely trust him. His sign was just stupid. And the hubris of this guy is that the words "Cory Booker" had a LARGER and BOLDER font size than Kerry and Edwards. In fact, the words, Kerry/Edwards were burried at the bottom of the sign.

Who the f*** is managing his campaign? This man seems intent on self-destructing. I know several dozen people that were offended by it.

Newark never catches a break. Between the crooks, the incompetents and now the egomaniacs. Talk about a cursed friggin city.

Miss Tam-Tam
11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
reminding you that I am everywhere. I found his friggin signs OFFENSIVE. How the f*** cares what Cory says??? I mean,there are a dozen ways to make the same statement without the paternalistic saying "Cory Booker says." He could have said, "Cory Booker supports" or just put up the Kerry/Edwards signs and says, "this message was sponsored by Cory Booker."

I, too, saw the signs and found them a turn-off. The assumption was that just because Booker says vote Kerry, then that's the reason to do so. People are a lot more intelligent than Booker gives them credit for. It isn't as if he's a wise, old political veteran. Recall, if you will, that Booker didn't even win his own ward (Central) in the mayoral election.

JoefromPGH
11-03-2004, 05:14 AM
I may be back by '06 in time to be a voter and from what I've heard, Cory may not be the best candidate to lead Newark. Isn't there anyone else that has vision and a potential base? Isn't Rice Jr in the running? He seems to fit the needs demanded of the city and has the dedication, recognition and class to lead Newark to the next level.

MrTim1955
11-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Cory may not be the best candidate to lead Newark.

I voted for Cory because he was not the incumbent. I feel that politicians should be limited to 2 terms and then they should move on. After the second term they look at the position as just a job and become unresponsive to the people they are supposed to be representing.

jmax
11-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Where were the signs located?

5Reasons
11-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Everywhere! It was the usual Cory spamfest. They were located up and down the major arteries and they were very irritating.

I see your boy Manzo is up to his "recount" tricks. He'll have another chance next year, I'm sure.

jmax
11-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Manzo, in this case, was right. This election was not exactly on the up-and-up.

sportyjoe
11-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Technical Difficulties cut this post the other day so I'll post it again

This is for pro. What can you do for these wayward brothers pro? They seemed to stray from the straight and narrow and need some guidance from a super brother.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/mercer/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1100250311174400.xml

ProSouth
11-14-2004, 05:44 PM
It's interesting that Black on Hispanic crime is a trend but white on anything crime is just crime. The biggest crime in this worlds history was and still is the crime of slavery...Was that a trend??? No it was actually legal and a part of this country's fabric. Be that as it may, if I were to diagnose this problem to solve it I would first take a history from them to analyze why they are attacking these hispanics. Is it self defense? Is it racism? Where did they learn to do this. I believe all behavior is learned behavior. Young brothers are targeting hispanics (which I highly doubt), where did they learn this from? They said it was a trend. A trend means: a prevailing tendency or inclination; a general movement; a current style or preference. Is this really the case?? Is drug use among teenagers a trend as well? If so who did they learn it from? Question for you: Based upon the definition of a trend, is it a trend that white police officers beat and murder young black men??

Wanton violence against anyone by anyone is un-righteous and ignorant. Calling Black on Hispanic crime a trend is just stupid and typical white media bull.

As a Super Brother, my advise to these young brothers would be 1. To never attack anyone un-provoked or because they are different than you, that downright ignorant. 2. Give your brothers and sisters that extra benefit of the doubt, to all others always be fair but be cautious. 3. Trends come and go but white domination on this world seems to be with us forever. 4. If a hispanic or anyone else puts their hands on you unprovoked, do everything under the law to defend yourself....worry about the law and trends later.

black4rob2
11-15-2004, 10:38 AM
When I first read the article last week, I said to myself...TREND??? Brothers attacking hispanics for no reason??? That didn't sound right to me. At best this is a personal dispute amongst two groups of people.

Why is it that everytime an African American do something that gets some type of attention it is labeled as a style, fad, or trend? Why couldn't those guys be engaging in self defense?

Another issue raised by this article....Why is that these hispanics immediately have to be labled as illegal immigrants?
The police chiefs said that he understands that those incidents are under reported for fear of deportation....How can you make such a stereotypical statement like that publicly in such a position. He is assuming and have no facts...

Princeton.....Go figure.

ProSouth
11-15-2004, 06:16 PM
sportyjoe sounds like a pig in disguise. I ain't mad at him at all, but his question is typical of straight up swine.