PDA

View Full Version : Central Ward, heh

jazzyken
01-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I was a resident of Central Ward since I was in diapers until I recently moved to Irvington. Things that I would like to address were, have been and continue to be many issues that are never addressed.

Jesse Allen Park (Green Acres) - one of the most dangerous parks in the city. Regardless of its a county park or not, it is in Newark and it is Newark residents destroying this park. Prostitutes, drug dealers and muggers plague this park 24/7. the horrible part is that it is next ot a school and a boys and girls club... go figure.

High St. and Spruce St. - One corner that have open air drug dealing that has been overseen for DECADES. The guys selling on these corners have been there since I was bale to cross the street and they still operate on the same corners EVERYDAY.

New Community (Prudential Bldgs) - Somerset Street - while they are being taken care of they are still a haven for drugs and prostitution.

Stratford Avenue - No need to even go there...

Give me a minute I will continue this post. have a meeting to attend. be right back.

RACEMATTERS
01-26-2006, 03:47 AM
When I volunteered with Jersey Cares to clean up the park a couple of years ago the mayor told us it is the largest "City owned park". However, it appeared that the city neglected the park big time, even when Stella Wright (Prince St. Projects) was there. Kids didnt have a place to play because of all the debris, gun totting, and stolen cars. It was really sad.. Eventhough I live in the Sward, I remember vol most of my time in the CW.

probooker
03-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I was born in the Central Ward many years ago and remember when Irvine Turner was councilman at that time. He was a good and decent man and did everything in his power to improve the quality of life for his constituents. I have seen this ward go from a really nice place to live to where it is now. I believe a change is much needed and Dana Rone should be elected to bring the ward to the standard it once had. Good luck Dana.

jazzyken
03-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Dana will have her hands full with Central Ward... I know she can handle it. But she is going to have to come running because charlie ain't doing sugar honey ice tea :mad: he is a waste of much needed space!!!

probooker
03-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Dana will have her hands full with Central Ward... I know she can handle it. But she is going to have to come running because charlie ain't doing sugar honey ice tea :mad: he is a waste of much needed space!!!
Charlie must go. He has been a waste at the NHA, BOE and the Newark Council. Dana is a must for the Central Ward....check out her educational background and her credentials against those of Charles Bell.

jazzyken
03-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Charlie must go. He has been a waste at the NHA, BOE and the Newark Council. Dana is a must for the Central Ward....check out her educational background and her credentials against those of Charles Bell.
You have to admit he has the "yes, sir" mentality down packed :rolleyes:

thinktank
03-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Also look at recent incident at Morton St. school

Maximus
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Also look at recent incident at Morton St. school

Didn't you get the memo?

FANCLAIDEE
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Why do we always forget to mention that just because something goes to court it doesn't mean it was valid or held any merit.
And...why are these types of attacks always focused on Booker supporters, ie. Carl Sharif and Dana Rone.
Innocent until proven guilty....and in these incidents, proven innocent!

jazzyken
03-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Why do we always forget to mention that just because something goes to court it doesn't mean it was valid or held any merit.
And...why are these types of attacks always focused on Booker supporters, ie. Carl Sharif and Dana Rone.
Innocent until proven guilty....and in these incidents, proven innocent!
Its all smoke and mirrors... They have no substance and look for items to try and hang anyone and everyone associated with Booker. Instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that some of the ills of Newark could have been reduced under their watch!!! They do not want to be held accountable for anything. They just want you to look across the fence. This non-non-profit scam is everywhere and what is their response... we are going to sue Booker for damaging our good names!!! Not the fact that no public forum was held!!! Not the fact that no one would be held accountable for $80 million bucks!!! Not the fact that many residents are in an up-roar and it has nothing to do with Booker!!!

Native
03-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I was born in the Central Ward many years ago and remember when Irvine Turner was councilman at that time. He was a good and decent man and did everything in his power to improve the quality of life for his constituents. I have seen this ward go from a really nice place to live to where it is now. I believe a change is much needed and Dana Rone should be elected to bring the ward to the standard it once had. Good luck Dana.

Bouy your dating yourself! I don't remember Irvine Turner :p But though I'm not a Booker fan I have to support Dana- ...DotDee would'nt have it no other way...Stay strong Dana!

Dentwifey
03-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Dana is a hot mess. She does not know how to talk to people and she is crazy. She needs to learn how to keep her hands off of people. Charlie will win the Central Ward hands down.:p

probooker
03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Bouy your dating yourself! I don't remember Irvine Turner :p But though I'm not a Booker fan I have to support Dana- ...DotDee would'nt have it no other way...Stay strong Dana!
I remember Irvine Turner would hire a bus and take us kids to Yankee Stadium, give us grandstand seats down the left field line and buy us hotdogs and soda 3 or 4 times each year. It doesn't matter if the cost of these trips came out of his pocket or that of the City, what mattered was that he gave us kids the oppotunity to see ball games that we would not have otherwised been able to attend. How many council members today would do what Irvine Turner did for us? It was a great honor for me when the City renamed Belmont Ave. to Irvine Turner Blvd. God rest his soul. Good luck Dana and try to carry on the tradition of Irvine Turner.

thinktank
03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I remember Irvine Turner would hire a bus and take us kids to Yankee Stadium, give us grandstand seats down the left field line and buy us hotdogs and soda 3 or 4 times each year. It doesn't matter if the cost of these trips came out of his pocket or that of the City, what mattered was that he gave us kids the oppotunity to see ball games that we would not have otherwised been able to attend. How many council members today would do what Irvine Turner did for us? It was a great honor for me when the City renamed Belmont Ave. to Irvine Turner Blvd. God rest his soul. Good luck Dana and try to carry on the tradition of Irvine Turner.
I used to like Dana ..... why is she with booker???This is one of the reasons why I dont support her...she dont need this missionary...she is a native newarker (dana) and only give that ghost credibility

probooker
03-18-2006, 10:32 AM
I used to like Dana ..... why is she with booker???This is one of the reasons why I dont support her...she dont need this missionary...she is a native newarker (dana) and only give that ghost credibility
Obviously Dana prefers Booker over James. Yes she was born in Newark and Booker was not. Why the hell does that make a difference? She has much compassion for her constituents and Charlie does not. She will serve well as a council person and will NOT BE A YES PERSON when it comes to decisions. Charlie NEVER voted NO to any of James' proposals. He is merely just a puppet for James. Please Central Ward residents vote for Dana.

Native
03-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Dana is a Newarker- she is a relative, the problem I'm having is that she is running for central ward it wouldn't be bad if she was independant but she is running with someone who is despite his address doesn't know anything about the 3rd ward......too much history...so much history that Booker could NEVER process it all from jogging and coffee klashes.

probooker
03-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Dana is a Newarker- she is a relative, the problem I'm having is that she is running for central ward it wouldn't be bad if she was independant but she is running with someone who is despite his address doesn't know anything about the 3rd ward......too much history...so much history that Booker could NEVER process it all from jogging and coffee klashes.
Come on Booker is a very smart man. He can and will be able to learn the history of this ward by doing some research at the Newark Library and by talking to old timers like myself. Bloomberg was born and raised in Boston before he came to NYC but he has learned plenty since then about the history of New York, and I am sure that Booker will do like wise.

probooker
03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I just heard that Charlie Bell is trying to recruit former Central Ward Councilman, George Brranch, to campaign on his behalf. George Branch is very likable in the Central and I am sure he will back Dana. Dana always supported George when he was councilman.

thinktank
03-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Its all smoke and mirrors... They have no substance and look for items to try and hang anyone and everyone associated with Booker. Instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that some of the ills of Newark could have been reduced under their watch!!! They do not want to be held accountable for anything. They just want you to look across the fence. This non-non-profit scam is everywhere and what is their response... we are going to sue Booker for damaging our good names!!! Not the fact that no public forum was held!!! Not the fact that no one would be held accountable for $80 million bucks!!! Not the fact that many residents are in an up-roar and it has nothing to do with Booker!!!
Stay in irvington like booker should stay in south jersey

jazzyken
03-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Stay in irvington like booker should stay in south jersey
Unfortunately, I have to be disobedient :p I work here... my hubby works here... And honestly, we bring this city up when we LIE to everyone and say Newark is not that bad... when outsiders here about all the shooting, killings and crime going up...
You need to tell Sharpe stay in So. Jersey as that is where he spends most of his time anyway!!! Don't go there!

jerseygirl
04-14-2006, 10:23 PM
And honestly, we bring this city up when we LIE to everyone and say Newark is not that bad... when outsiders here about all the shooting, killings and crime going up...

J, I REALLY RESENT THIS STATEMENT. IT SOUNDS AF IF YOUR SAYING THAT YOUR DOING NEWARKERS A BIG FAVOR BY COVERING UP THE AMOUNT OF CRIME THAT GOES ON HERE.I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR MOTIVES FOR DOING SO. YES, THE CRIME HERE IS HORRIFIC, BUT THERE ARE AISO SOME POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT NEWARK THAT OUTSIDERS ALWAYS FAIL TO MENTION WHEN TALKING ABOUT NEWARK.MAYBE I'M JUST BEING SENSITIVE, BUT SOMETIMES I GET SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT HOW BAD THIS CITY IS.

BornFree
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
And honestly, we bring this city up when we LIE to everyone and say Newark is not that bad... when outsiders here about all the shooting, killings and crime going up...

J, I REALLY RESENT THIS STATEMENT. IT SOUNDS AF IF YOUR SAYING THAT YOUR DOING NEWARKERS A BIG FAVOR BY COVERING UP THE AMOUNT OF CRIME THAT GOES ON HERE.I WAS JUST CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR MOTIVES FOR DOING SO. YES, THE CRIME HERE IS HORRIFIC, BUT THERE ARE AISO SOME POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT NEWARK THAT OUTSIDERS ALWAYS FAIL TO MENTION WHEN TALKING ABOUT NEWARK.MAYBE I'M JUST BEING SENSITIVE, BUT SOMETIMES I GET SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT HOW BAD THIS CITY IS.

There are good things happening in Newark, but not enough to brag about. Unfortunately we are ridiculed by the rest of the world due to an inadequate government that has continuously let us down. When are we going to realize that if we cannot control our own crime no-one is going to put any serious effort in coming into our city.

Personally I am very much embarassed in the way the current mayor disrespected us throughout the years. How can we blame others that ridicule us when our own Mr. Mayor Sharpe James has done this and continues to do so? For those that believe that this city is peachy great at this time, please wake up and smell the crime-wave.

Oh, and by the way jerseygirl, everyone else is tired of hearing how bad this city is, but it really is!!! You simply can't hide that fact.

jazzyken
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM

Sorry I missed this post before so I will reply now....

Jerseygirl, I love Newark and have seen many, many good times (boy Newark and I have been through some things:rolleyes: ) during my childhood. But over the last 5-6 years or so, I have been questioned by many, many "outsiders" about why I still live in Newark (when I did and still now). I always said "Newark is not that bad" or "The SL never really prints the whole story", etc. "Outsiders" read the SL and NYT and get the perception that Newark is nothing more than shootings and killings. "Outsiders" know Newark is notorious for drugs and crime. Heck they are a huge reason as to why drug dealers make money here. They have this perception and as a Newark Native, I can not change it when shootings and killings is a everyday event in Newark. I was not trying to offend anyone with my comment but heck you can not even walk to the corner store nowanddays without something going on. There are many things that go on in Newark that are positive but as the saying goes... "when the bad outweighs the good, you must let it go". And that was my point. Newark needs changing and if the current administration and council find NOTHING wrong with Newark then they need to go... just my 2 cents and as always, I will continue to try to post objectively and I really do apologize if that comment offended you :p

Native
04-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Come on Booker is a very smart man. He can and will be able to learn the history of this ward by doing some research at the Newark Library and by talking to old timers like myself. Bloomberg was born and raised in Boston before he came to NYC but he has learned plenty since then about the history of New York, and I am sure that Booker will do like wise.
Spoken by someone who might be a old timer but not from Newark and certainly not someone who was apart of the struggle...IF YOU WERE REALLY A OLDTIMER YOU WOULD ADMIT THAT THOSE SAME DOORS THAT ARE SWUNG OPEN FOR PEOPLE LIKE BOOKER WERE kicked open for cats like Booker and possibly yourself to now stand on platformS, and PROCLAIM YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS for you to suggest that you could read a book at the library and as you stated by very smart..is suspect!