PDA

View Full Version : Winds of NCC: The Latest Payroll Scam

5Reasons
11-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Yes, my friends, NCC is going down faster than Monica did in late 90s. Here's the latest in a series of quasi and illegal activities that they've been doing to keep their books balanced.

Well, Mr. 5 Reasons has learned that NCC is NOT PAYING garnishments because they cannot COVER their payroll. Here's how the scam works. An NCC employee has a part of his/her salary garnished (child support, student loan, some sort of credit card stuff, even some investments, etc.) and when the employee gets their paycheck, it reports BEING paid to whatever entity it is being reported to. However, my insiders tell me that THEY ARE NOT MAKING THOSE PAYMENTS to the different agencies. So, an NCC employee may THINK s/he is paying off their obligation when in fact, NOT ONE DIME is actually being sent.

How did NCC become so currupt?

MrTim1955
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
However, my insiders tell me that THEY ARE NOT MAKING THOSE PAYMENTS to the different agencies. So, an NCC employee may THINK s/he is paying off their obligation when in fact, NOT ONE DIME is actually being sent.

How did NCC become so currupt?

all an employee has to do is check with the agency receiving the money. If the agency isn't getting it, hire a lawyer to sue the hell out of NCC.

How can NCC be considered corrupt when they are doing the lord's work? Any time you mix religion with business you are asking for trouble.

Miss Tam-Tam
11-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Well, Mr. 5 Reasons has learned that NCC is NOT PAYING garnishments because they cannot COVER their payroll. How did NCC become so currupt?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that garnishments are issued through court order. If NCC isn't deducting the garnishments then they are breaking the law. I sense they are about to come tumbling down like a house of cards. And if they can't make their payroll, it's time for them to stop faking and come clean. Otherwise, they'll wind up in an Enron-type situation with scores of employees left out of work and with money due them.

My advice to NCC employees: When you get paid run like hell to the bank. Now that bank account funds can be deducted almost immediately due to the new "Check 21" act, NCC has no wiggle room in which to kite checks.

Miss Tam-Tam
11-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Is Cory Booker still having his little secret club house meetings at NCC? As an Ivy Leaguer he might lend them some sound financial advice: The jig is up.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
11-20-2004, 07:42 PM
This must all be SUPERJAY'S fault :D

Maybe NCC should have been blaring "He's our Mayor" instead of "vote for the oreo" in their Pathmark last election!....ooops, didn't they lose that also :eek:

Miss Tam-Tam
11-20-2004, 09:44 PM
This must all be SUPERJAY'S fault :D

Don't be surprised if that's coming. In the past, the administration of NCC was quite outspoken through slanderous, over-the-top comments they've made about the administration in City Hall. Some of the statements made to the press by folks, such as Ray Codey in Development, were shocking. They put all of their chips on Cory Booker winning the election. I thought it was wrong of them to antagonize City Hall with their foray into Newark politics. Their sole focus, in my opinion, should have been the management of their corporation. Just mind their business, keep their noses clean and do the damn job. As experts in this area stated when NCC's financial troubles were first publicized, it's a big mistake to antagonize the leaders of your host city. And now scores of folks, who rely on this organization, are and will be hurting. Their main focus should have always been on the people they serve.

When Monsignor Linder stood with the then Governor Florio at the ribbon-cutting of the Pathmark, he screamed to the press corps that instead of asking Florio about tax increases, they should have been asking why "these people have no fresh food." Perhaps now is the time for the press to ask Monsignor Linder why NCC is throwing people out into the streets.

ProSouth
11-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Miss Tam-Tam:

I agree that NCC should have had better judgement, but the people NCC ultimately serve are Newark residents. If Sharpe is playing politics with seniors and low income residents who live in NCC properties, who really looks bad. NCC could spin it by blaming Sharpe and giving these residents a reason vote against him. I believe if Cory made this point vividly enough and used some displaced seniors as a backdrop, it would not look favorable on Sharpe.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
11-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I disagree. NCC is a PRIVATE NON-Profit Corporation. They hire and fire whoever they want and run their program however they want. It is not in anyway controlled by the city. The only money NCC didn't get from the city after the election was a $35,000 grant. NCC's problems are WAY bigger than missing this grant and I'm sure Linder knew this YEARS ago. I wouldn't be suprised if that is the reason they went so far out on a limb to support Booker; They figured he could give them the kind of financial support they need.

NCC has never truly provided quality housing for their tenants and folks need to stop blaming Sharpe for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in Newark.

BTW Pro - I got some food from that restaurant next to your hangout and it was good! :D

ProSouth
11-21-2004, 01:11 PM
John:
But that's not what I meant. I meant that regardless of what the issue is between the Mayor and NCC it seems that Newark residents are in the middle. I have a few relatives who live in NCC properties that are down right garbage. Geogia King Village is one of them. But if Sharpe and NCC are beefing for whatever the reason I think Sharpe would do well to turn NCC residents against NCC and Cory by assisting the residents of these properties. I think people are going to remember and give their loyalty to whomever helps them. And don't think for one minute that NCC does not use these residents in the same manner. I do agree with you that NCC probably was hoping on a Cory win to help their financial situation. They miscaluculated and drew the wrath of the Mayor. I think the Mayor (if he decides to run again) would do well to say, Hey NCC residents, I'm going to help you with your problems with NCC. Just remember who delivered for you at election time. Cory could use the same tactic but at this point Sharpe as Mayor would be able to be more effective and get more done.

BTW: That food is bangin right? :D

jazzyken
11-22-2004, 11:11 AM
You know as you guys agree/disagree, the point is that corporations in this city seem to make a profit off of our Newark residents and get away with it for YEARS. NCC is not the first and it will not be the last if we keep going like this!!!
Whether it can be blamed on cory or sharpe is truly irrelevant.
Sharpe is the Mayor of this city and has been for as long as I have been voting. He should have stepped in the mix of this whole ordeal years ago. His residents, the ones who voted him in office election after election, is living in conditions that are not becoming for rats and roaches. The workers, who pay taxes into this city, have to cash their check BEFORE it bounces. This is horrible no matter how you look at it.
I am not saying that Sharpe is responsible by his lonesome... but he could have done something. NCC has a large chunk of land in this city and they did not get by going to cory.
Why is no one ever held responsible in this city?????? Where is our city council members???? Come on... This is ridiculous :mad: