PDA

View Full Version : Rumsfeld and James

Maximus
12-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Donald Rumsfeld is catching heat nationwide because of his arrogant, casual attitude toward young soldiers dying needlessly in Iraq. Having never been on the front lines of battle, he cannot relate to the bloodbath he is partially responsible for.

Sharpe James is getting away with his arrogant, casual attitude toward young man and women dying needlessly in Newark. Having never been on the front lines in Newark, he cannot relate to the bloodbath he is partially responsible for.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
James grew up on Newark streets, taught in Newark for all of his life, and still LIVES in Newark on those same streets you talk about. You are a F-N Joke. I guess my getting shot 75 yards from where the Mayor still lives was only a dream. You wouldn't last 2 minutes living in Newark max. You easily jump on a comment instead of an entire career based on moving Newark forward. I see you've jumped on the anonymous critic bandwagon...its the EASIEST thing to join :D

Maximus
12-20-2004, 06:35 PM
No, the easiest thing to join is the band of koolaid drinkers who think that old fart in city hall gives a rats a$$ about Newarkers. And the "lived in Newark - taught in Newark" stuff is getting as old as he is. His recent comments betray his (and yours) "let them eat cake" mentality.

You think getting popped is a badge of honor that entitles you and your old man to some kind of pass? You think you're the only one on this board born and raised in Newark? Spare me.

My xmas list for the city council was soooo funny last week. I guess it ain't so funny when daddy gets slapped around.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Merry Xmas Moron...Nobody said I was only one raised in Newark.... let me do it slowly.....
C A N Y O U R E A D?

Maximus
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Perhaps, oh wise one, you might make your point clear so that no chance for misunderstanding is possible.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
12-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Run for Mayor Maximus, and guarantee there will be little to no miurders during your term and you should win by a landslide........

Not even Golden Boy has outlined his plan against crime.

If solving violent crimes was so easy you'd be a millionaire, going from inner city to inner city getting paid. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution and in fact, may be NO solution at all...but its convenient to blame a Mayor.

5Reasons
12-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Maximus,

John is correct. As inept as the administration has been in this matter, NO ONE has the ballz to propose anything else. I mean, have you heard Cory say anything about hiring more police? Has he explained how he would pay for them?

BTW Max, what is Cory's plan for crime control?

ProSouth
12-22-2004, 09:15 AM
The worst thing anyone in Newark could do is give their vote to anyone cheap. My beef with Cory is his hide and seek game since the election. You've got to impress me. Do we need a change?...Hell Yea. Is Cory the vehicle for that change, I am not convinced of that. I have not heard Cory's solution to crime in Newark either. Quite frankly I have not heard much from him about anything. Just like I put Sharpe's feet to the fire, Booker's feet will start out in the fire.
My vote will not come cheap.

LastCubanStanding
12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
If a viable candidate did not run against the current administration.

Maximus
12-22-2004, 11:49 AM
My recollection is that Cory's overarching theme was that there was ample police protection during office hours downtown, but you were on your own in the neighborhoods. The mayor had abandoned Newark's citizens in the pursuit of this downtown renaissance. Cory didn't tell anyone anything new, but campaigned hard enough on this issue to increase awareness citywide, although not hard enough to win.

In the past couple of years, however, drug dealing has spread to Broad Street and gang activity is out of control. The "green zone" downtown in Newark is shrinking. The mayor has singularly failed to just contain crime, in his Ahab-like pursuit of the arena and other cosmetic projects to insure whatever legacy he envisions for himself.

Cory's failure lies in his inability or unwillingness to articulate a specific policy to fight crime and it's causes in Newark, and his subsequent "don't ask, don't tell" approach to Newark's hot button issues (NHA, gang activity, the arena, etc.) Patience is wearing very thin regarding Cory's almost deafening silence regarding substantioal issues, or using his celebrity as a bully pulpit.

James' narcissicism and Cory's timidity don't bode well for Newark.