PDA

View Full Version : In 2005 the same rhetoric

counterattack
01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Quote from ledger:

Codey, in Newark, told the congregation that he brought his children to Newark every Saturday to mix with black children and learn the importance of integration

How can people sit in a black church and let him get away with saying this. I will without hesitation and I am not one too throw the term racist around too much, but any white man who feels that he has to prove that he is not a racist by saying things like I have black friends or my kids play with black children is as far as I am concerned a RACIST!!!!!!!. this is the same guy who when it was time for re-districting drew the lines so that he would not be in a majority black district cause he felt one day a black person would come after his seat after 30 years in office he felt this way now all of a sudden he likes to mingle with black people.

Cody I am not buying it.

5Reasons
01-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't exactly know what Cody is doing, since I don't think he has much of a chance against Corzine. I do think, however, it would be good sign if Newark voted against Cody in the primary, since we've had to deal with his boy Giblin running the County party into the ground.

Expect State Republicans to start TALKING UP Cody - since I'm sure they'd rather face him than Senator Wallstreet.

rice2006
01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I was at the Newark-North Jersey Black Churchman's event when our Acting Governor made the comments (the King event is held every year at my church, St. James AME in Newark).

Most were taken aback by the political nature of the remarks more than anything else. No one else talked about policy initiatives and their legislative achievements, but he did. It was just weird.

If I were advising him, I definitely would have scripted a few niceties and greetings and gotten him off the stage.

PS: He started off his comments by saying to Rev. King (he meant Rev. Watley, but lost his train of thought)

ProSouth
01-19-2005, 02:36 AM
How was Equador??? Are you guys all Spanished up for the 2006 Elections??? Do tell.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
01-19-2005, 03:05 AM
They all know how to say "TACO BELL" now! :D

rice2006
01-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't know about that, but got a great start. I am actually starting more lessons in February and always watching Telemundo now.

Ecuador was great, good food, good people, and a dollar goes a long way there brother. Great for us "gringos," but not so great for the people there. We don't know how good we have it here in America.

And John, I'll trade you a taco for a slab of ribs :D

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
01-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Take all the ribs you want!

BTW - You missed the last meeting at my house.....were you too cheap to bring a gift?...or were you already South of the Border?

jazzyken
01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
:( :( John I was not invited... I feel so unloved! :( :(

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
01-19-2005, 04:48 PM
It was a young community group...invite only....sorry.

Miss Tam-Tam
01-19-2005, 09:54 PM
PS: He started off his [Codey's] comments by saying to Rev. King (he meant Rev. Watley, but lost his train of thought)

The Codey thought train wasn't lost if, in his mind, Rev. Watley and Rev. King look a lot alike.