PDA

View Full Version : Hey John, can you relay a message to your dad?

5Reasons
09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Please tell your dad that if there's any surplus C4 from the Rennaisance Mall demolition, can they drag those puppies up to the Krueger-Scott mansion and put it out its misery?

Again, I find it amazingly appropriate that an "African American Cultural Center" is an abandoned building in the central ward.

Let Rosa or Tony Gomes have it. - Hell, they already own half the city as it is.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
09-24-2004, 11:17 AM
:D

jazzyken
09-24-2004, 04:03 PM
but True :)

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
09-24-2004, 09:32 PM
:(

Portugalian
09-26-2004, 03:34 AM
Please tell your dad that if there's any surplus C4 from the Rennaisance Mall demolition, can they drag those puppies up to the Krueger-Scott mansion and put it out its misery?

Again, I find it amazingly appropriate that an "African American Cultural Center" is an abandoned building in the central ward.

Let Rosa or Tony Gomes have it. - Hell, they already own half the city as it is.

Who are Rosa and Tony Gomes?

John360
09-26-2004, 10:52 PM

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. The city spent millions on it - it should be put to good use. Heck if the NHA had had their pageant at the mansion instead of NJPAC, it would've saved tham $100,000+!

One idea I heard was to use it as the Mayor's official residence. Not that he'd actually hae to live there, but it could be used for special events, ala NYC's Gracie Mansion.

5Reasons
09-27-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't know where the money went that was allocated for the "Freddy" Krueger mansion, but trust me - it's time to end this nightmare. Don't pour bad money after good. In the insurance industry, sometimes it's better to total the car than refix it. That's the current state of the Krueger mansion.

jazzyken
09-27-2004, 11:03 AM
pass the Krueger mansion this morning and was thinking the same thing. Tear it down... Why are we paying for security and electricity for this place. It would be easier to tear it down and rebuild a new mansion in its place. Do something with it. It is becoming an eyesore.

Portugalian
09-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Is anyone going to tell me who Rosa and Tony Gomes are? I'm curious :D

How can you talk about tearing that beautiful mansion down? :eek: That's insane! It's a beautiful landmark..are you guys telling me that nobody wants to invest in it? We can't keep tearing out past away...so many beautiful places have already been destroyed in Newark please don't destroy this one. :(

What's the story with that place anyway? Is it owned by the city? Is it owned by an organization?

MrTim1955
09-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Is anyone going to tell me who Rosa and Tony Gomes are? I'm curious :D

I believe that they are large real-estate agencies in Newark.

Portugalian
10-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I believe that they are large real-estate agencies in Newark.
Rosa Ageny or Lucky (or whatever it's being called now :rolleyes: )?

So they own most of Newark? That's interesting...I do see lots of their sales signs all over Newark and not just the Ironbound.