PDA

View Full Version : Straight Eye for the Black Guy: Fashion Tips by 5Reason

5Reasons
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
My brothers, let me give you just a bit of fashion advice. Try to relegate your suit colors to black, greys, blues and some browns. Suits with colors like orange, purple, lime, silver are NO NOs. :eek: Also, when the suit jacket comes down to below your knees - that's NOT GOOD. Don't reward a manufacturing error by making it the latest fasion fad!

In general, if someone trying to sell you a suit is Korean and in Newark, then you should kindly say "No" and haul a$$ to the nearest exit. ;)

When will we reject these clown outfits masked as ethnic formal wear?

ProSouth
09-27-2004, 06:58 PM
I miss Heaven On Earth. That was my spot in high school. Right accross the street from Science High. I use to put suits on lay-away for what seemed like forever then. I hated to see them go.

Miss Tam-Tam
09-28-2004, 10:32 AM
I miss Heaven On Earth. That was my spot in high school. Right accross the street from Science High. I use to put suits on lay-away for what seemed like forever then. I hated to see them go.

Heaven on Earth was indeed a gem that's sorely missed. The owner, Mr. McKnight, recently passed away. This after the terrible heartache he suffered when his wife -- who managed the business with him -- was carjacked from the driveway of their East Orange home, executed and left dead. :(

jazzyken
09-28-2004, 04:54 PM
I remember him. My prayers go out to their family. How long ago was this??

ProSouth
09-28-2004, 07:48 PM
It happened years ago. They followed her home from the supermarket. What a shame.