PDA

View Full Version : 1938 Newark Herald - Job Discrimination of Blacks

5Reasons
10-06-2004, 10:51 AM
This is taken from the 1938 Newark Herald – a black publication. As you can see, the systematic discrimination of blacks, especially black Newarkers has been in effect for quite some time. It is always interesting to go through old journals and other materials to see the long-term problems that have existed.

As they say, there’s nothing new……….

5Reasons
10-06-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm having problems uploading the graphic

5Reasons
10-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Here you go.

5Reasons
10-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Testing. Testing. - Gee whiz - technology.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
10-06-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't see any pics...wtf :)

5Reasons
10-06-2004, 03:54 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mr5reasons/my_photos

Click on the link. I give up.

MrTim1955
10-07-2004, 08:15 AM
That expresses my sentiment exactly. It doesn't matter what color the preacher is, they are all the same.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
10-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Good Morning :D

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
10-07-2004, 08:25 AM
:mad:

ProSouth
10-07-2004, 08:35 AM
I love old Newark info. Keep it coming.

MrTim1955
10-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Good Morning :D
to wake up the roosters.

Frankin said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

I have diabetes and am in the lower middle class. I don't think it is working for me.

J. Sharpe James, J.D.
10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
My wrestling coach had diabetes. Used to take those insulin injections during practice. You have to stay away from sugar right?

MrTim1955
10-07-2004, 03:34 PM
so don't need the insulin (yet). The difference is:

Type I people don't make insulin so they need to take injections.

Type II people either don't make enough insulin or their cells don't use it correctly. There are medications to correct both these problems.

Either way, diet is pretty much the same for both types. You need to watch how many carbohydrates you eat. Type I people adjust their insulin to the amount of carbs they consume where Type II people need to limit their consumption of carbs.

30 years ago when my mother was diagnosed with diabetes, she was told to stay completely away from the major sources of carbs (pasta, potatoes, rice, and sweets). The doctor that diagnosed me in 2000 said the same thing to me. When I went to a diabetes educator, I learned how I was supposed to eat and that I could consume these things in moderate quantities.

Of course the minute you are told you cannot have something, the cravings set in. That was the downfall of many diabetics in the past, my mother included. No matter how much I *****ed at her, she still ate desserts saying it was none of my business. Since I am allowed to eat these things, I can eat them in quantities that don't adversely affect my glucose levels in the long term.

Have you ever noticed how sleepy you are after that big Thanksgiving dinner? You are actually suffering the same effects I suffer as a diabetic. You have pumped a lot of glucose (carbs) into your body. Your body is doing its best to deal with it by producing a lot of insulin. Your body is overworking so shuts itself down so that your consious self is out of the picture. I get this effect from a can of regular soda so you can imagine how I am on Thanksgiving since I consider that a free day.

I can eat sugar. However, it has absolutely no nutritional value so have replaced it where ever possible with Splenda, a product made from sugar with the carbs removed.