PDA

View Full Version : New York Post, October 20th!

TheHawk
10-20-2008, 01:51 PM
'F' FOR BARACK'S SCHOOL FIX
Comments: 4Read Comments Leave a Comment By CARL CAMPANILE

Posted: 4:51 am
October 20, 2008

Chicago's former schools chief has flunked the education foundation headed by Barack Obama and founded by 1960s terrorist Bill Ayers - saying it failed to monitor projects and funded school "reform" groups that campaigned against boosting academic standards.

"There was a total lack of accountability. If you went back and asked, you'd be hard-pressed to find out how the money was spent," said Paul Vallas, the city's school superintendent when Obama chaired the Chicago Annenberg Foundation from 1995 to 1999.

Annenberg spent $49.5 million, mostly on grants to 211 public schools that partnered with community-based groups. But despite collecting millions, those schools performed no better than other public schools, a study found.

Ayers, a professor of education at the University of Illinois and an ex-Weather Underground bomber, wrote the grant that won the Windy City funding from the national Annenberg Challenge. He was a key adviser to the Chicago Annenberg board.

While much debate has centered on Obama's relationship with Ayers, there's been virtually no discussion about how the Annenberg schools performed.

"Very little of the money found its way directly into the classroom," Vallas said.

Most frustrating, Vallas said, was that Annenberg under Obama and Ayers funded groups that fought his mission, under Mayor Richard Daley, to impose uniform standards and stricter accountability in low-performing schools.
Many of Vallas' goals were later adopted by Mayor Bloomberg in Big Apple schools.

"Many of the school-reform groups viewed greater accountability as an infringement of local control. Some opposed ending social promotion and grade retention," Vallas said.

Obama defended the foundation's performance, saying it dispensed its funds to help struggling programs and train teachers.

So much for his anticipated Education plan "IF" he is elected.

Also, I think this speaks volumes as to his contention that he had limited dealings with the terrorist!

Miss Tam-Tam
10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
A house organ for the Republican Party, a/k/a the "Real Americans." :D

Make Newark Clean
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Hawk, what is it about McCain that you like and Obama that you dislike? Do you have a point?

^

TheHawk
10-20-2008, 11:07 PM
A house organ for the Republican Party, a/k/a the "Real Americans." :D

I know its hard to swallow, but hey, more to come out as we go forward the next couple of weeks!

Mark J.
10-21-2008, 01:49 AM
I think the Hawk is some kind of "robo-poster."

Klap Bak
10-21-2008, 07:48 AM
I think the Hawk is some kind of "robo-poster."

Nah, nah, nah Mark……Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey is just a bitter little man….period.

Grumpy & Stumpy like McCain, blond-at-the-roots like Sara and angry like the rest of them:

http://weblog.xanga.com/ldjucb3/678110525/negative-e-prop.html?ref=tb

Since he has been posting here he probably had all his little friends check him out on the site……..now they all know him as Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey.

Private message to the viewing friends of Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey:
Little Hawkey is so angry he is about to wee himself…..could someone grab a mop? :D :D

TheHawk
10-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Nah, nah, nah Mark……Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey is just a bitter little man….period.

Grumpy & Stumpy like McCain, blond-at-the-roots like Sara and angry like the rest of them:

http://weblog.xanga.com/ldjucb3/678110525/negative-e-prop.html?ref=tb

Since he has been posting here he probably had all his little friends check him out on the site……..now they all know him as Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey.

Private message to the viewing friends of Squiggly, Squawky, Little-Chicken Hawkey:
Little Hawkey is so angry he is about to wee himself…..could someone grab a mop? :D :D

with name calling. Rise, I say Rise from the gutter "The Clap", you can be saved and prosper!

Diamond
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes: Decoding a political rumor October 21, 2008 at 12:25 pm by Steve Barnes, senior writer
The New York Observer dissects a New York Post retraction of a gossip item that claimed Michelle Obama ordered caviar and lobster from room service at the Waldorf-Astoria. Turns out she wasn’t even at the hotel, which you’d think anybody who thought about it for a second would have guessed. Lobster and caviar? That’s just about the lamest, most cliched food order — at the Waldorf, no less! — to send the barely coded message “Rich people!” I’m surprised they didn’t also say she ordered chardonnay and brie, to tag her as a liberal, too.

The funny thing about this lie is that Mrs. Obama was never at the Waldorf-Astoria!:D :D :eek: :eek:

TheHawk
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
:rolleyes: Decoding a political rumor October 21, 2008 at 12:25 pm by Steve Barnes, senior writer
The New York Observer dissects a New York Post retraction of a gossip item that claimed Michelle Obama ordered caviar and lobster from room service at the Waldorf-Astoria. Turns out she wasn’t even at the hotel, which you’d think anybody who thought about it for a second would have guessed. Lobster and caviar? That’s just about the lamest, most cliched food order — at the Waldorf, no less! — to send the barely coded message “Rich people!” I’m surprised they didn’t also say she ordered chardonnay and brie, to tag her as a liberal, too.

The funny thing about this lie is that Mrs. Obama was never at the Waldorf-Astoria!:D :D :eek: :eek:

things!

Diamond
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
things!

A little "white lie" is just as relevant.:) :rolleyes:

Miss Tam-Tam
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM

That's how they work it: When all else fails . . . lie. We'll be seeing more of this type of desperation tactic as we draw closer to election day. To paraphrase Hillary Clinton quote of Harriet Tubman: "When you hear the lies, keep going!"

TheHawk
10-22-2008, 11:21 PM
A little "white lie" is just as relevant.:) :rolleyes:

indicate that the info came from bloggers that the rag the observor picked up on and then took off their site because they realized they screwed up.

TheHawk
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Hawk, what is it about McCain that you like and Obama that you dislike? Do you have a point?

^

Nobama is that he is a typical slimeball chicago politician. If all you people can come up with to smear McCain is Keating, where does that leave Nobama with all his baggage? Ayers and his initial fund raising for Nobama, Ayers and Nobama's overseeing of a failed education money mill which showed funds not used properly, no positive results in the classrooms, Acorn and it's proven affiliation with Project Vote. A less than sterling and short short time in the senate. "We got to spread the wealth around" More of my money sent to failed federal social programs and feeding the generations of welfare recipients. $45 million of NJ taxpayers money to Newark on top of massive amounts to the failed Newark Bd. of Ed. Uh Uh, no more, not this time.

McCain? Easily said, he is my Party's candidate and I support his entire platform.

Klap Bak
10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
.....If all you people can come up with to smear McCain is Keating........

....looks like Mr. Puddles was searching for a hole to hide his Snausage in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Zt1krMprI

:D :D :D