PDA

View Full Version : People Get Ready for President Obama

Make Newark Clean
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
NBC concedes to Obama Ohio and Pennsylvania, making McCain's win all but impossible.

Obama on Road to Victory (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/)

^

5Reasons
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
The year is 2008 and NOT 2080. Simply amazing! I'll be honest, I never thought I'd ever see the day when a person of color would win the presidency. Maybe, once in a while, I thought perhaps I'd be a doddering old man in the year 2060 and shuffling around. But in 2008? It's clear to me, however, that this win isn't really about Obama, but instead more about Bush. :rolleyes: The damage he's done to the Republican Party will probably take the better part of 6 years to clean up. In other words, that yahoo made one heck of a mess. :(

Let's all take a moment to say a prayer for everyone that participated in this day. What occurred today, especially around Newark, wasn't just an election, it was something closer to a dream, an ideal of some sort. It wasn't about Obama, but is was about our forefathers and mothers that had to sit in the back of the bus, about those that were denied rights and liberties and DIGNITY. It wouldn't have mattered what McCain did, because in the African American community it was more about that sense of history. I can imagine my great, great, grandmother somewhere perhaps 150 years ago in North Carolina on a plantation working herself bone weary in a hot field. I can image that she dreamt of freedom, not for herself, but for her child and their children. That is what today was. I could see it in the faces of those in line, waiting patiently for their chance to redeem that dream...the dream of equality... the dream of justice...the dream of, yes, hope.

May God Bless America!

Diamond
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
different on every channel! I'm waiting for the fat lady to sing before I start celebrating.:D

btw- I have my champagne on ice.;)

jazzyken
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I was celebrating at 5:45am this morning when I walked out the door to VOTE OBAMA!!!

Make Newark Clean
11-04-2008, 11:59 PM
It's Cally, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii... done! Man words can't even express. I got to think about this... This means so much.

jazzyken
11-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Channel 12 has OBAMA as the WINNER!!!
Congrats to EVERYONE that supported democracy and a new directions... now the real work begins...
GO OBAMA!!! wheewwwww

John360
11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
CNN is declaring Obama is the President Elect...he currently has 297 electoral votes.