PDA

View Full Version : What Your New Year Resolution?

5Reasons
01-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Okay, what have you vowed to change in 2009? Are you going to go to church more, do some volunteering, study harder, go back to school, be a better husband/mother/parent/brother? What's your New Year's Resolution? And do give me the "I don't make resolution" response.

Happy New Year, folks. May 2009 be better than 2008 (That shouldn't be difficult, I think)

LastCubanStanding
01-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Okay, what have you vowed to change in 2009? Are you going to go to church more, do some volunteering, study harder, go back to school, be a better husband/mother/parent/brother? What's your New Year's Resolution? And do give me the "I don't make resolution" response.

Happy New Year, folks. May 2009 be better than 2008 (That shouldn't be difficult, I think)

Treadmill.

JoefromPGH
01-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm not big on New Year resolutions but I did make one today (Jan 3).

Today I had to go out to buy a few pairs of size 38 slacks. I have gained the 15-20 pounds back that I lost in 2001 plus a few. Size 38 is a record (that compares to size 30-32, when I first started working 34 -1/2 years ago.

To me, buying size 38 is a warning and I must control the thing I like doing best...eating. I will do that and I do have a treadmill in my garage that I will begin using in earnest tomorrow. Unfortuntely, the last time I used it, I thought I was a jock again and put it up several notches and wound up against my garage door (I'm not kidding).

So...when I go to Wildwood in June, I plan on being 15 pounds slimmer...its a matter of eating less, eating a bit more wisely and exercising.

Miss Tam-Tam
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Five, you asked the question but I am curious to know: What will you be doing?

I am going to take better care of myself. I have always exercised, but now I am putting greater emphasis on watching what I eat and getting enough sleep. (I'm not on a diet; I'm on a life!) Lack of sleep actually promotes pot bellies and obesity. My exercise routine is a three-pronged approach: Cardiovascular, weight bearing and stretching/flexibility.

karimah
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Five, you asked the question but I am curious to know: What will you be doing?

I am going to take better care of myself. I have always exercised, but now I am putting greater emphasis on watching what I eat and getting enough sleep. (I'm not on a diet; I'm on a life!) Lack of sleep actually promotes pot bellies and obesity. My exercise routine is a three-pronged approach: Cardiovascular, weight bearing and stretching/flexibility.

Miss Tam,

Thanks you just saved me a dr's visit, I was wondering why I couldnt lose this stomach.

As far as what's new for me in 2009, I will be getting rid of dead weight, trying new things, being more open minded with my oldest daughter who will be 18 in July (Lord take me now) and of course I will pay more attention to myself then I did last year and the years before, I'm taking a year of from school because I have been going back and forth since 1992(part time and having babies can delay your education) however I manage to obtain an Associate's degree and in June I will graduate with a certificate in Paralegal studies.

Make Newark Clean
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
however I manage to obtain an Associate's degree and in June I will graduate with a certificate in Paralegal studies.

Congrats, Karimah!!

^