Welcome To Newark Speaks.com..........The Most Informed Online Community in New Jersey..........Home of 5Reasons * black4rob2 * counterattack * Doofus1 * jazzyken * JoefromPGH * John Sharpe James, J.D. * Klap Bak * LastCubanStanding * Make Newark Clean * Maximus Returns * Miss Tam-Tam * ProSouth * rice2006 * HAVESEENENOUGH * Mark J. * John360 * RACEMATTERS * Caballero De Newark * Poet * Octavia * brotherderek * NewarkNative * Outside * chad1 * newarksbravest * ACLU-NJ * Diamond * ForOurYouth * BraveHeart * 4thGenerationNewarker * Nwrbr * newarkcentral * zengeist * TeachNewark * Inkwell * RealVest * newarkismyhome * OperationRedd*

Go Back   Newark Speaks > Newark Speaks Forums > Newark Talk

Get Ready. There are New Changes Coming To Newark Speaks starting in January, 2016 that will make our forum Bigger, Better, and More Informative. There will also be Powerful Changes to our forum to make NewarkSpeaks.com one of the most protective of poster's Anonymity and Freedom of Speech.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
NEWARK SPEAKS
Administrator

Default THE NEWARK CITIZEN WEBSITE

NEWARK SPEAKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Make Newark Clean
MASTER MEMBER

I watched the premiere video. Counter, the doctor and the other, academic gentlemen (sorry, can't recall all the names right now) definitely kept my attention. Although I had no intention on watching the whole 40-minute show, I couldn't turn away. That's good. What follows are a few OPINIONS of mine; nothing personal:

Toward the discussion itself, some of it struck me as unbalanced. Perhaps it's me and I would ask others to make up their own minds, but some of Counterattack's repugnance for the mayor comes across as personal and some of his remarks in discussing Booker's relationship to Salahuddin were unsubstantiated and borderline libelous. Too often, reasonable points of view would all of a sudden zoom into an unsupported diatribe, facial contortions, passion and all. I'm no apologist for the mayor, I understand passion, but for this to be other than propaganda, the mayor has to get a fair shake. That will not happen misplacing innuendo for fact. I just need facts. Even some of the likewise remarks made by the other gentlemen, the academic (again, I apologize for not recalling the names; I watched the video last Friday), I thought weren't fully fleshed out. I would have enjoyed seeing him and the doctor continue their active discussion before Counter interrupted them by pulling out his Iphone and started talking about the time (and distractedly playing with the phone; don't do that, the camera misses nothing). Once more, a great if not fully fledged effort here.

My favorite was the young lady doctor and her scientific approach to examining issues, which (still my OPINION) is sorely needed in mythmaking America today. Of course, I agreed with her assessment of the vetoed city ordinance closing fastfood establishments as a method to end crime. Before she was edited, she was well on her way to effectively arguing against the bromides used to discredit these establishments -- that the only people who frequent them at night are the shady types. Obviously this is belied by the fact that we're mourning the killing of one of the city's most highly regarded citizens who only wanted something to eat. Obviously, this begs the question of surrendering the city's hardscrabble business sector to criminality, which only came close to being discussed.

We know Counterattack lives in Roselle (not too far from me in Linden), where do the other members of the panel reside? Should the moderator be subject to a residency requirement? Anyway, just a few, quick thoughts. I look forward to watching the next program. Maybe tonight.

PS Get rid of the desk.
Make Newark Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
counterattack
MASTER MEMBER

MNC thanks for the feedback, we are just getting started I will work the kinks out, anything I state on the forum is strictly my opinions none of it is personal towards the Mayor and if I don't give him a fair shot hopefully one of the other host will and If they don't the Media more than make up for it.

There is no residency requirement for the show however since I am one of the creators of the site and was born and raised in this City for over 35 yrs of my life in addition to working here all my life I think that qualifies me to host.

As I have stated I am working on sites like this for all Urban Cities anyone interested in doing their own site let me know we will set up the template you will just have to record your own show.

Also the other two individuals reside in Newark, Dr Pernell and Anton Wheeler.

counterattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Make Newark Clean
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterattack View Post
MNC thanks for the feedback, we are just getting started I will work the kinks out, anything I state on the forum is strictly my opinions none of it is personal towards the Mayor and if I don't give him a fair shot hopefully one of the other host will and If they don't the Media more than make up for it.

There is no residency requirement for the show however since I am one of the creators of the site and was born and raised in this City for over 35 yrs of my life in addition to working here all my life I think that qualifies me to host.

As I have stated I am working on sites like this for all Urban Cities anyone interested in doing their own site let me know we will set up the template you will just have to record your own show.

Good luck. I hope everything is a resounding success.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
JustaThought

Default Counter, I enjoyed the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterattack View Post

We can keep complaining about the media and their love affair with BogusBooker or we can do what you have elected to do, create a forum much like NewarkSpeaks that gives true voice to the concerns and problem we are facing. Great commentary on the current issues, i look forward to whats to come
JustaThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
RealNewark

The discussion was interesting. I do however believe that Dr. Pernell took the stand she did regarding the vetoing of the restaurant security ordinance for the same reason the Mayor vetoed it. She doesn't like Councilman Baraka.

We all know that her and her crazy brother had serious issues with Baraka over the school board elections and the issue regarding her residency.

She offered no tangible alternative to the ordinance. She was hating. I also believe that being in on an open panel with Rahman Muhammad and Anton Wheeler, Dr. Pernell is boring and looks out of her league. You guys need to get a stronger woman in your forum. She is clearly the weakest member of the panel. Just my opinion.
RealNewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Make Newark Clean
MASTER MEMBER

New program. Very well done. Counter, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel you. I respect all the intellect, yours included, but what needs to be understood is that this is not our fault. When these kats who excel make us feel more inadequate than uplifted, they are basically casting us as inferiors. I don't know everything. None of us does. But I do know something. We have to be much more careful how we talk to each other. Racism is an insidious thing.

Love the show! Love ALL y'all! Thanks, Doctor Pernell, Anton Wheeler, and you, Rock. Thanks!!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
JimLuvsNewark

Default MAYOR BARAKA RE-EVALUATE YOUR STAFF!!!

Your trusted staff members send Newark residents to 1008 Broad Street for job training; in which they are non-available jobs and when Newark residents requested to use the bathroom; they were all told they had to walk down to 990 Broad Street to use the bathroom. WTF is going on? And the staff that are working at 1008 Broad Street most of them carry a 7th grade to 11th grade education. AGAIN WTF is going on? And than when the Newark Residents go back down to 990 to do the bathroom business they have to swipe the card for entrance. (We all know that when they swipe the card it seems that Newark workers at 990 Broad Street are doing their job in helping residents find a job- yes at the end of the month when the stats is done it prints out how many people came in for help). And where the HELL is Middy? oh me oh my It seems MIDDY is taking the leftover job that Cory Booker left behind- an appointed job but can not find the appointed person in the position. Let's just hope your mishaps are not leaked to the PRESS..........
JimLuvsNewark is offline   Reply With Quote