Welcome To Newark Speaks.com..........The Most Informed Online Community in New Jersey..........Home of 5Reasons * black4rob2 * counterattack * Doofus1 * jazzyken * JoefromPGH * John Sharpe James, J.D. * Klap Bak * LastCubanStanding * Make Newark Clean * Maximus Returns * Miss Tam-Tam * ProSouth * rice2006 * HAVESEENENOUGH * Mark J. * John360 * RACEMATTERS * Caballero De Newark * Poet * Octavia * brotherderek * NewarkNative * Outside * chad1 * newarksbravest * ACLU-NJ * Diamond * ForOurYouth * BraveHeart * 4thGenerationNewarker * Nwrbr * newarkcentral * zengeist * TeachNewark * Inkwell * RealVest * newarkismyhome * OperationRedd*

Go Back   Newark Speaks > Newark Speaks Forums > Newark Talk

Get Ready. There are New Changes Coming To Newark Speaks starting in January, 2016 that will make our forum Bigger, Better, and More Informative. There will also be Powerful Changes to our forum to make NewarkSpeaks.com one of the most protective of poster's Anonymity and Freedom of Speech.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Indigo_Soul
Superior Member

Thumbs up Booker gets called out for BS publicity video on "Ellen"

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_29221/...tguid=CFVocNIE

They are not known for their humbleness...but they took it too far this time. You'd think he was the second coming of Christ. The show pulled the video so if you were hoping to purge your system by watching, it's too late.
Indigo_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
koolina
Superior Member

ok show pulled video? What? ok lets find it right on you tube...what an absolute fraud this guy is? and did we pay for the plane ticket and hotel? we totally paid for his NPD bodyguards
koolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Miss Tam-Tam
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolina View Post
ok show pulled video? What? ok lets find it right on you tube...what an absolute fraud this guy is? and did we pay for the plane ticket and hotel? we totally paid for his NPD bodyguards
I had posted the YouTube video in another thread -- "Cloying Cory Love" -- but it was pulled. http://newarkspeaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12886

I couldn't even find it on Ellen's website. It truly was a bit much.

P.S.--It could have been pulled because of copyright issues regarding the background music. They used a U2 song.
Miss Tam-Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Brick City Books

WNYC picked up the story as well:

"'Ellen' Inflates Newark Mayor's Achievements"
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
By WNYC Newsroom

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/new-jer...rs-booker-bio/

"A glowing video about Newark Mayor Cory Booker that aired on Ellen DeGeneres’ daytime talk show Tuesday made some dubious claims about his tenure – including a claim that crime has dropped “almost 50 percent” under his leadership.

The video, produced by the show and played during Tuesday’s episode, lavishes praise on Booker, saying he had “the world was at his feet” but he chose to dedicate his life to “saving one of the poorest and most dangerous cities in America.”

In fact, crime has dipped 11 percent since he took office in 2006, according to Uniform Crime Reports, obtained by The Star-Ledger, which first reported the disparities.

Earlier this year, Booker said there was an uptick in crime between mid-2010 and mid-2011, followed by a reversal of the trend.

The mayor’s office did not provide “Ellen” producers with the statistics used in the piece, according to spokeswoman Anne Torres. She said she provided the show with a fact sheet -- "55 Top Accomplishments in Five Year" -- that appears on the city's website. The fact sheet does not mention crime stats.

A spokeswoman for the "Ellen" show said the information from the video came from "various sources."

"The overall purpose of the piece was to inform our viewers about the mayor and his accomplishments," Melissa Light Padgitt said in a statement."
Brick City Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Make Newark Clean
MASTER MEMBER

Facts schmacts: Cory's a star!

You write that 600K check yet Cory? It can all just... go away.
Make Newark Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Miss Tam-Tam
MASTER MEMBER

Default This is amazing

Up to this point lots of fast and reckless factoids about the true state of Newark has been embellished for the sake of building up the image of Booker as the great savior; the wunderkind who saved Newark from the brink. (Remember the awful Esquire piece and Booker's faux outrage when he got called on it?) In order to enhance his own national profile, Newark had to come off as a God-forsaken hellhole that the good and pure Booker pulled from abyss.

So this Ellen situation is quite interesting. Because the video tape her people concocted has been the same type of spin and drivel that usually flew in under the wire and was routinely copied and pasted in the 24/7 media spin facto-news bubble and presented and accepted as truth.

Since Ellen had pictures of Booker as a child through adult-hood I assumed it was the usual egg hatched at Booker Central. But I now realize that her people could have lifted those pics from practically anywhere.

I'm sorry I didn't save the video. I have never before witnessed anyone being gifted with a red cod-piece. Ever. Since it's used I hope Booker remembers to wash it before wearing.

Is this a turning point?

Why did Ellen pull Cory Booker video | Oye Times
http://www.oyetimes.com/news/america...y-booker-video

BTW, here's Cameo's Larry Blackmon sporting the original red cod piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8KYD1Vco0
Miss Tam-Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Make Newark Clean
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tam-Tam View Post
Is this a turning point?
Miss Tam you crack me up!! I'm literally laughing out loud!

Seriously, it needs to be. This could be a teachable moment.

PS Time for Vanderbeek to have that news conference forgiving Newark of the $600K despite Booker.
Make Newark Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Indigo_Soul
Superior Member

If this is the turning point...consider me to be a beacon of optimism...a real prisoner of joy and unending hope. This is an unprecedented, unparalleled occurrence of indescribable greatness. I'm ridiculously, unnecessarily excited to see the outcome of this pivotal moment in the City's glorious history.

Miss Tam-Tam could have done better, I'm sure. I'm tired today.

But seriously...this fire thing has gotten out of control. I'm halfway expecting to hear that Booker walked out the door on the water from the fire hoses. It has to crash and burn (pun intended) at some point.
Indigo_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote