Welcome To Newark Speaks.com..........The Most Informed Online Community in New Jersey..........Home of 5Reasons * black4rob2 * counterattack * Doofus1 * jazzyken * JoefromPGH * John Sharpe James, J.D. * Klap Bak * LastCubanStanding * Make Newark Clean * Maximus Returns * Miss Tam-Tam * ProSouth * rice2006 * HAVESEENENOUGH * Mark J. * John360 * RACEMATTERS * Caballero De Newark * Poet * Octavia * brotherderek * NewarkNative * Outside * chad1 * newarksbravest * ACLU-NJ * Diamond * ForOurYouth * BraveHeart * 4thGenerationNewarker * Nwrbr * newarkcentral * zengeist * TeachNewark * Inkwell * RealVest * newarkismyhome * OperationRedd*

Go Back   Newark Speaks > Newark Speaks Forums > The North Ward

Get Ready. There are New Changes Coming To Newark Speaks starting in January, 2016 that will make our forum Bigger, Better, and More Informative. There will also be Powerful Changes to our forum to make NewarkSpeaks.com one of the most protective of poster's Anonymity and Freedom of Speech.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
keepingitreal

Default Hector voters

People that have voted for Hector can you tell me why? I live here in the North ward I have not seen nearly enough for me to vote for him. Maybe I am missing something that you can enlighten me with and please do not bring up the Steve thing. I am talking about what Hector has done for us in the North.
keepingitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
JoefromPGH
MASTER MEMBER

He's had lots of parties.

Seriously, I don't live in the NW yet but I do see a potential in the ward that couldl make it a truly great place to live and play. I'm not saying that any councilman has the power to transform an entire community...but maybe one did- Hector Corchado seems to be the most unpopular councilman in the last 50 years. It could be he has very poor public relations or it could be because he just has done nothing - except throw great parties.
JoefromPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
WassupNwk

Default Nothing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingitreal
People that have voted for Hector can you tell me why? I live here in the North ward I have not seen nearly enough for me to vote for him. Maybe I am missing something that you can enlighten me with and please do not bring up the Steve thing. I am talking about what Hector has done for us in the North.
the residents of the north ward know the truth. he talks alot for someone who has done nothing. takes credit for things he hasn't done. doesn't accept responsiblity for the things he does (lawless and lewd behavior), professes innocence and truth when he is a straight up liar. he is the worst representative imaginable and has thrown away a great opportunity to make a difference for latinos in newark. he wasn't focused and had no plan to elevate the community, he had plenty of secret plans to elevate his bank balance ... which is the only thing he has done consistently well since taking office in 2002.
WassupNwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Nin

Default Perhaps we couldn't tell the difference...

Perhaps we were so stuck on having someone represent Latinos, that we forget to see that Corchado was not really qualified to take the reigns on this. I am not gonna front, I knew very little of Corchado, but knew that Carrino was Italian, so when i walked into that ballot, guess what i picked? Now I am a little more mature and more informed and won't make that mistake again, plus the ballots is purely latino (all puerto ricans this time around, i would like to see some dominicans, central americans represented next time around). I think we can't fault corchado for some of his mistakes, we elected him and he couldn't deliver, very few people enter this profession with the intention of acting like a puppet or messing people up... yeah, lots hasn't changed and some has gotten worst! The lack of professionalism between Corchado and Ramos (a literal example of street fight) makes me think that Ramos OR Corchado aren't better choices. Someone tell them to put their d*cks in their pockets, start telling us what they are REALLY gonna do when they get into office and let us decide... NO MORE SMOKESCREENS, WE DESERVE THE TRUTH.
Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
bobobra

Default Quintana will beat them all!

He is the man.....
bobobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
NwkUnited

Default Dumba$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobra
He is the man.....
You're a MORON!!! Quintana is not running for North Ward Council!

Stay at NJ.COM. You dont belong Here!
NwkUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
northnewarker

Default Do not lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin
Perhaps we were so stuck on having someone represent Latinos, that we forget to see that Corchado was not really qualified to take the reigns on this. I am not gonna front, I knew very little of Corchado, but knew that Carrino was Italian, so when i walked into that ballot, guess what i picked? Now I am a little more mature and more informed and won't make that mistake again, plus the ballots is purely latino (all puerto ricans this time around, i would like to see some dominicans, central americans represented next time around). I think we can't fault corchado for some of his mistakes, we elected him and he couldn't deliver, very few people enter this profession with the intention of acting like a puppet or messing people up... yeah, lots hasn't changed and some has gotten worst! The lack of professionalism between Corchado and Ramos (a literal example of street fight) makes me think that Ramos OR Corchado aren't better choices. Someone tell them to put their d*cks in their pockets, start telling us what they are REALLY gonna do when they get into office and let us decide... NO MORE SMOKESCREENS, WE DESERVE THE TRUTH.
the 2 together when it comes to breaking the laws and lewd and unprofessional behavior. The only one guilty of that is Hector. He has ripped signs down, produced childish literature and flyers depicting Ramos in a degrading manner, attempted to front another fraudulent candidate to confuse the electorate, and calls the North Ward a Center a "plantation" at a city council meeting during one of his ego driven tirades. Aniabal Ramos has taken his message to the people, the old fashioned way. Door to door and thru literature which outlines his positions on the issues confronting the North Ward community. I guess when hector votes for 210 million hockey arenas and 80 million slush funds, you gotta do anything to stay away from the truth. Which he does quite well
northnewarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
WassupNwk

Default You Could Use Some Professionalism Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin
you make a good point until you question mr. ramos' professionalism. if you truly are more mature this time around, i recommend you pay closer attention before you make that statement. in all sincerity, mr. corchado's professionalism is neglible to nil, however, mr. ramos has abundance. you are buying into the stories on the street (spread by mr. corchado) to make a good example look bad. he can't clean up his image, but he can tarnish another's to create an equal playing field. you are entitled to believe what you wrote, however, observe mr. ramos and truly EMBRACE TRUTH since you state we DESERVE it. by the way, your comment about "put their d*cks in their pockets" sounds awfully unprofessional. i will tell you to get your facts straight and don't get SOS (stuck on stupid) Syndrome.
WassupNwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
Nin

Default I have been professional...

and to prove it, I'm not the one going around calling people stupid because they express opinions that differ from yours or because folks express frustration with the smokescreens that are created by BOTH CORCHADO AND RAMOS. As far as I am concern I would get pass the bochinche, but the newspapers seem to cover only the spectacles that are created by your beloved Ramos and the infamous Corchado. Really, you say that Ramos has spoken truths? Where does he stand on the privatization of water? How does he intend to "get back" the money back from the Newark Arena? He talks about the structural issues surrounding the housing in Mt. Prospect, but how about the abuse that goes on with Senior Citizens and Mentally Ill along the mental facility along Mt. Prospect? How is he going to make the streets I live in safer? How is he going to inform me better? And don't go crying to your momma... these are questions that I am looking for all candidates to answer, you just seem to want disrespect people who disagree with Ramos, so I'll address you.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Nin

Default you wanna see SOS syndrome???

WHO PUTS THEIR GPA ON A BIOGRAPHY???