Welcome To Newark Speaks.com..........The Most Informed Online Community in New Jersey..........Home of 5Reasons * black4rob2 * counterattack * Doofus1 * jazzyken * JoefromPGH * John Sharpe James, J.D. * Klap Bak * LastCubanStanding * Make Newark Clean * Maximus Returns * Miss Tam-Tam * ProSouth * rice2006 * HAVESEENENOUGH * Mark J. * John360 * RACEMATTERS * Caballero De Newark * Poet * Octavia * brotherderek * NewarkNative * Outside * chad1 * newarksbravest * ACLU-NJ * Diamond * ForOurYouth * BraveHeart * 4thGenerationNewarker * Nwrbr * newarkcentral * zengeist * TeachNewark * Inkwell * RealVest * newarkismyhome * OperationRedd*

Go Back   Newark Speaks > Newark Speaks Forums > The North Ward

Get Ready. There are New Changes Coming To Newark Speaks starting in January, 2016 that will make our forum Bigger, Better, and More Informative. There will also be Powerful Changes to our forum to make NewarkSpeaks.com one of the most protective of poster's Anonymity and Freedom of Speech.

View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for?
Corchado 8 22.22%
Ramos 19 52.78%
Tejada 6 16.67%
Write-in (Other) 2 5.56%
None 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
5Reasons
MASTER MEMBER

Default Who are you going to vote for?

Who are you going to vote for?
5Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
MedStaff

Default I'm voting for.....

C22 Anibal Ramos, Jr. ALL THE WAY!!!!!
MedStaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
northNWKhottie

Exclamation

THE WAY THEY ARE BOTH ACTING TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER, NEITHER WILL GET MY VOTE!!!

northNWKhottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
northnewarker

Default Both are acting??

A- one candidate ripped and slashed the others signs

B- one candidate fronted another candidate to confuse the voters

C=one candidate has passed out degarding flyers about the other

D-one candidate has harassed and abused the others supporters

E-one candidate engaged in a drunken brawl in a bar on Ferry St.

F-one candidate was reported to have taken a "loan" from a developer of the Mulberry st redevolopment project at a fundraiser event. Then a few days later vote yes on a motion that was beneficial to that developer

G-one candidate desribed the North Ward Center a "plantation" thus inferring that all participants are slaves.

H- one candidate sends his most prized possession , a son, to be educated on that "plantation"

No wonder in the above poll one candidate has a huge lead...
northnewarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
WassupNwk

Default You Need the Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northNWKhottie
THE WAY THEY ARE BOTH ACTING TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER, NEITHER WILL GET MY VOTE!!!
hottie, only one is acting poorly. you need to get the facts, not heresay. the corchado campaign has been brutually unfair and will lose because of it. regardless, don't vote but keep tabs going forward regarding the character and quality of leadership mr. ramos will deliver. it will make you look back on your words above with an enlightened perspective. all the best
WassupNwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
newarkundercover2006

i am voting for Aracelis SANABRIA Tejada C_23 EVERY BODY ELSE CAN GO SCREW BECAUSE BOTH ARE NOT FIT TO RUN THE NORTH WARD ONE CORCHADO IS A THIEF AND A LIER AND SECOND RAMOS WILL NOT RUN THE NORTH WARD ADABOTO WILL AND THE NORTH WARD WILL GO DOWN AND WE WILL LOOK LIKE ****
newarkundercover2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
MedStaff

Default newarkundercover2006

How can you say that by Ramos running the North Ward that it will look like sh!t? First of all Ramos will not run the North Ward, he will serve the residents of the North Ward. Secondly, Ramos ran FOCUS and did one he!! of a job.....the same can be said of his work at the County. Ramos is repected state-wide for his accomplishments and not his ties to Steve.

People need to get off of this Puerto Rican/Italian thing that arrogant people such as the current councilman is putting into the heads of the residents. If Steve would of endorsed Corchado, then no mention would of been made, but because Steve decided to go with the better of the 2 (Ramos), then all of a sudden it's a Latino dividing the Latino Community and a Puppet being controlled by the Puppet Master.

Now, Sanabria, I have nothing against her but she's a single mother of 4 children, and I personally think that's a great thing, you go girl, but will she have the time to properly represent the residents of the North Ward?

My vote is going to the one that can best represent the people of the North Ward, no matter what nationality they might be. My vote is going to the one that can properly put a sentence together. My vote is going to the one that has the time to best represent the people of the North Ward. My vote is going to the one that does not get into bar fights and intimidates people. My vote is going to the one that doesn't use racist terms towards his own son's school.

MY VOTE IS GOING TO ANIBAL RAMOS, JR. C-22
MedStaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
WassupNwk

Default Learn to Conduct Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkundercover2006
i am voting for Aracelis SANABRIA Tejada C_23 EVERY BODY ELSE CAN GO SCREW BECAUSE BOTH ARE NOT FIT TO RUN THE NORTH WARD ONE CORCHADO IS A THIEF AND A LIER AND SECOND RAMOS WILL NOT RUN THE NORTH WARD ADABOTO WILL AND THE NORTH WARD WILL GO DOWN AND WE WILL LOOK LIKE ****
no challenge on mr. corchado's thievery, however, you don't know and need time to reflect on mr. ramos' elected official career. neither mr. ramos or ms. sanabria have ever served in public office, however, mr. ramos' reputation throughout the state as a leader (let alone latino leader) is very impressive. neither mr. corchado or ms. sanabria rate as a known latino leader on mr. ramos' level at the tender age of 30. so if you think mr. adubato will control mr. ramos, then you disrespect both individuals because they have a long standing relationship and hold one another with deep regard. the reason for this? ... the way mr. ramos carries himself. when he is elected as councilman, do yourself a favor and attend council meetings to see for yourself how prepared and polished he is and how he will impress everyone who takes the time to notice. nothing against ms. sanabria, however, mr. ramos' growing reputation is in tact.

by the way, your comment how everyone else "can go screw" if they don't vote for ms. sanabria doesn't say alot about your qualification to express your opinion. you invalidate your own stand when you speak will such disregard for the other two candidates.
WassupNwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
JoefromPGH
MASTER MEMBER

It looks tlike Corchado may lose on account of himself AND because Mr Ramos appears to be more qualified.

I wonder why there is do much obsession over the old man (Adubato)? He is simply a cog in the machine, making the machine work better than if he weren't here. How can he have so much influence? Italian Americans make up less than 3% of the population of the city and most of them are seniors. Mr Adubato deserves respect for his contributions and persistance. But the community needs to get off this obsession and begin to think longer-term. The Latino population needs reprsesentives who will work with the Latino community, as well as all of the communities in the city. The future of the city and the proper represenation of a significant constituency of the city depends on making wise decisions. And if Steve Sr is supporting Ramos it is because Steve cares about the entire community he lives in....not just the 3% of what is left of the community that was there before.
JoefromPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
northnewarker

Default Joe

They have to bring Steve into the mix. The only other choice would be to run on the record corchado has put forth in 4 years. Lord knows they cannot do that. 210 million for Hockey Arena and the 80 million slush fund woul;d have to be defended. Thats one street they do not want to go down.
northnewarker is offline   Reply With Quote