Welcome To Newark Speaks.com..........The Most Informed Online Community in New Jersey..........Home of 5Reasons * black4rob2 * counterattack * Doofus1 * jazzyken * JoefromPGH * John Sharpe James, J.D. * Klap Bak * LastCubanStanding * Make Newark Clean * Maximus Returns * Miss Tam-Tam * ProSouth * rice2006 * HAVESEENENOUGH * Mark J. * John360 * RACEMATTERS * Caballero De Newark * Poet * Octavia * brotherderek * NewarkNative * Outside * chad1 * newarksbravest * ACLU-NJ * Diamond * ForOurYouth * BraveHeart * 4thGenerationNewarker * Nwrbr * newarkcentral * zengeist * TeachNewark * Inkwell * RealVest * newarkismyhome * OperationRedd*

Go Back   Newark Speaks > Newark Speaks Forums > Newark Talk

Get Ready. There are New Changes Coming To Newark Speaks starting in January, 2016 that will make our forum Bigger, Better, and More Informative. There will also be Powerful Changes to our forum to make NewarkSpeaks.com one of the most protective of poster's Anonymity and Freedom of Speech.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
CaseClosed

Default Must Be All The Weed He Smokes

and his use of the N-word...

Rapper Snoop Dogg was arrested Tuesday for investigation of illegally possessing a handgun and drugs as he left NBC Studios after performing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," police said.

The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, and two members of his entourage were arrested around 6 p.m. after a search of his Diamond Bar home and car, Sgt. Kevin Grandalski said.

Police seized a handgun and some illegal drugs, Grandalski said. He did not have details.

The sergeant said the rapper was arrested for investigation of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, possessing cocaine, transporting marijuana and having a false compartment in his vehicle, Grandalski said.

"He was in a car pulling out of the studio" when police stopped him, said Donald Etra, the rapper's attorney.

Etra said he believed Broadus was booked at the jail for investigation of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He made bail of $60,000 and was released shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday, about seven hours after his arrest.

"As of this point, he stands innocent of all charges," Etra said. "The goal tonight was to get him out of jail. The goal tomorrow is to deal with the case."

The rapper was expected to be arraigned on Jan. 11, Etra said.

Two acknowledged gang members who are associates of Broadus also were taken into custody, Grandalski said.

Michael Mingo, 33, of Lakewood, was arrested for investigation of possessing burglary tools and Lovell Polk, 36, of Moreno Valley, was arrested for an outstanding warrant, Grandalski said. He did not know the nature of the warrant.

The arrests stemmed from an investigation that followed the rapper's Oct. 26 arrest at Bob Hope Airport here after airport police said they found a gun and marijuana in his car, Grandalski said.

"Additional follow-up investigation led detectives to obtaining the search warrant," the sergeant said. He did not have details.

No charges have been filed in that case but Broadus has a Dec. 12 court appearance for an arraignment.

Etra said the rapper also has a Dec. 4 arraignment in Orange County following his Sept. 27 arrest for investigation of carrying a deadly weapon at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8LMN23G0.shtml
CaseClosed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
Miss Tam-Tam
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed
Etra said the rapper also has a Dec. 4 arraignment in Orange County following his Sept. 27 arrest for investigation of carrying a deadly weapon at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.
Who does he think he is? Omar from "The Wire." Only Omar doesn't curse or use the "N" word.

"The cheese stands alone."
Miss Tam-Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
CaseClosed

Default Miss Tam Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tam-Tam
Who does he think he is? Omar from "The Wire." Only Omar doesn't curse or use the "N" word.

"The cheese stands alone."
The weed (and other substances) has gone to Snoop's brain. He has been given several chances to clean up his act, but he continues getting in trouble with the law. The recent charges are serious and I think this time he may be going to the big house.

Miss Tam, would you please give directions on how to post images? I have them downloaded but don't know what to do next with them on this site.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
TayoMan5

Default Rappers, why can't you learn the law???

With all the money and fame these rappers have (Snoop, DMX and others), how come it is so difficult to understand and learn the LAW..

LEARN THE LAW AND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.....

YOU CANNOT HAVE ILLEGAL DRUGS (weed, crack or whatever) IN YOUR CAR or possess them.

YOU CANNOT HAVE AN UNREGISTERED FIREARM (GUN) IN YOUR CAR. IF YOU ARE A FELON, YOU CANNOT HAVE A FIREARM..

OBEY ALL ORDERS OF POLICE..... MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON THE DASHBOARD... SO YOU DON'T GET ACCIDENTALLY SHOT....

WHEN YOU DRIVE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND REGISTRATION AND YOUR INSURANCE..

ALL THESE SIMPLE THINGS WOULD KEEP ALL THIS RAPPERS OUT OF TROUBLE...
TayoMan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
LastCubanStanding
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayoMan5
With all the money and fame these rappers have (Snoop, DMX and others), how come it is so difficult to understand and learn the LAW..

YOU CANNOT HAVE ILLEGAL DRUGS (weed, crack or whatever) IN YOUR CAR or possess them.

YOU CANNOT HAVE AN UNREGISTERED FIREARM (GUN) IN YOUR CAR. IF YOU ARE A FELON, YOU CANNOT HAVE A FIREARM..

OBEY ALL ORDERS OF POLICE..... MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON THE DASHBOARD... SO YOU DON'T GET ACCIDENTALLY SHOT....

WHEN YOU DRIVE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND REGISTRATION AND YOUR INSURANCE..

Nice post. Welcome to the forum. You forgot " don't try to get on a plane with a gun."
LastCubanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
Mslooksogood

Default Hi TayoMan5

Quote:

Welcome to NewarkSpeaks!

Great Post and you are absolutely correct. As long as your paperwork is in order and you rightfully obey the law you shouldn't have an issue.

We all are aware that racial profiling does exist, that's why it's important for Black men to have their paperwork and demeanor in order!!
Mslooksogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
Miss Tam-Tam
MASTER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed
Miss Tam, would you please give directions on how to post images? I have them downloaded but don't know what to do next with them on this site.

I use images already uploaded to Internet sites. I think that if you want to use images downloaded on your computer, you may have to use an image storing website to upload them to, such as Photobucket, and then download them onto the site where you want them displayed. I don't think Photobucket is free, but there are image hosting sites that are.

Nevertheless, here goes: Find an image that you'd wish to transfer. I try to make sure that the image isn't too large. If it takes up your entire monitor screen, it's too big. I don't want to encourage people to do this, because the use of lots of images on a discussion forum really ruins it and uses up space. You wind up spending hours scrolling past huge pics of men with shiny bald heads. (I will be removing Queen Elizabeth shortly and minimizing my own use of them unless, of course, I find pics of elected officials in hotel rooms with prostitutes).

1. Place your mouse on top of the image;

2. Right-click your mouse. That will cause a menu to open up.

3. When the menu opens, scroll down to the last item which is "Properties."

4. Click on "Properties."

5. A description window will open up giving the URL/Address of the picture you wish to transfer.

6. Highlight the entire URL address. Then while its highlighted, using your keyboard Press down "Ctrl" and then press "C." ("C" is for copy).

7. Now return to the "Reply to Topic" message window. Click inside of your message where you want the image to appear.

8. On the second line of icons above the "Reply To" window, you will find the Image Icon. (It's the little picture of the (Brokeback) mountain with the yellow sky behind it.

8. Click on the Image Icon. It will open up a script prompt window above the open message window, asking you to enter the URL of your image. Click in that window and then Press "Ctrl" again, only this time press "v." ("V" is for paste).

9. If this maneuver is successful, you will then see the pasted URL/web address of the image you picked appear in the little image dialog box. Now click "OK" which should close that little box and simultaneously paste the URL of the pic you wanted in the body of your message window at the point where you clicked earlier in Step 7. (Whew!)

10. Now test it by clicking the "Preview Post" button. You should now be able to see the image within your message.

One note: Not all images are right-clickable. Many of them are copyrighted, can only be accessed by paying a fee, or they have been removed from the site.

I know its complicated. But if you do it enough times it gets easier. I hope I've explained it clearly enough.
Miss Tam-Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
CaseClosed

Default Miss Tam Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tam-Tam

I use images already uploaded to Internet sites. I think that if you want to use images downloaded on your computer, you may have to use an image storing website to upload them to, such as Photobucket, and then download them onto the site where you want them displayed. I don't think Photobucket is free, but there are image hosting sites that are.

Nevertheless, here goes: Find an image that you'd wish to transfer. I try to make sure that the image isn't too large. If it takes up your entire monitor screen, it's too big. I don't want to encourage people to do this, because the use of lots of images on a discussion forum really ruins it and uses up space. You wind up spending hours scrolling past huge pics of men with shiny bald heads. (I will be removing Queen Elizabeth shortly and minimizing my own use of them unless, of course, I find pics of elected officials in hotel rooms with prostitutes).

1. Place your mouse on top of the image;

2. Right-click your mouse. That will cause a menu to open up.

3. When the menu opens, scroll down to the last item which is "Properties."

4. Click on "Properties."

5. A description window will open up giving the URL/Address of the picture you wish to transfer.

6. Highlight the entire URL address. Then while its highlighted, using your keyboard Press down "Ctrl" and then press "C." ("C" is for copy).

7. Now return to the "Reply to Topic" message window. Click inside of your message where you want the image to appear.

8. On the second line of icons above the "Reply To" window, you will find the Image Icon. (It's the little picture of the (Brokeback) mountain with the yellow sky behind it.

8. Click on the Image Icon. It will open up a script prompt window above the open message window, asking you to enter the URL of your image. Click in that window and then Press "Ctrl" again, only this time press "v." ("V" is for paste).

9. If this maneuver is successful, you will then see the pasted URL/web address of the image you picked appear in the little image dialog box. Now click "OK" which should close that little box and simultaneously paste the URL of the pic you wanted in the body of your message window at the point where you clicked earlier in Step 7. (Whew!)

10. Now test it by clicking the "Preview Post" button. You should now be able to see the image within your message.

One note: Not all images are right-clickable. Many of them are copyrighted, can only be accessed by paying a fee, or they have been removed from the site.

I know its complicated. But if you do it enough times it gets easier. I hope I've explained it clearly enough.

Thank you for the directions. I will give it a try.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #9
CaseClosed

Default Miss Tam Tam

By George I think I've got it.

Thank you.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #10
CaseClosed

Default Tayo, Welcome

Quote:

Great post

Perhaps if the Snoops and the DNX's didn't live off weed, they would know to do the things you mentioned. They're so busy getting high, that's all they know.

What a waste of brain cells.